Ruth Schloss was born in Nuremberg, Germany in 1922. In 1937 she arrived in Israel and studied at the Bezalel Academy of art in Jerusalem from 1938 to 1942.
In 1942 she joined the pioneer group at Kibbutz Merhavia, and later joined Kibbutz Lehavot Habashan where she was a member until 1953. In 1946 she participated in Hakibbutz Haartzi (the National Kibutz) painting course, directed by Yohanan Simon and Marcel Janco and had her first group exhibition at the Mikra Studio, Tel Aviv in 1947.
She also worked as an illustrator for the children newspaper "Mishmar Yeladim" and illustrated children's books. In addition she studied at the Grande Chaumière Academy in Paris from 1949-1951. In 1952 she returned to Israel and painted in a studio in Jaffa from 1963-83. Since then she paints in her home at Kfar Shmaryahu, Israel